What a week so far! Being able to watch the Olympics has fulled my urge to continue to work hard. I mean I highly doubt that I will ever be able to swim a 100 IM Backstroke in 58 seconds like Missy Franklin but I defiantly can work on swimming. I was able to find an awesome Kerri Walsh butt workout that I am excited to try! I do enjoy watching the Olympics, I think that if I were to compete in an Olympic competition right now I think I would want to be a competitive speed walker, I don't know why but I just think it would be fun.
Other than watching the Olympics, next week I start my training for my first and second 5k of the year! WOOHOO!!!!!!!! That means in 5 weeks I will be running in my 4th 5k! I started running them last year as another fitness thing to do. I have yet to be able to run the whole distance but I hope that one day I will be able to. One thing that I find essential to running and working out in general is to have a good playlist of songs that you enjoy and something that you won't get sick of easily.This is something that I have been having some trouble with. I do have a workout playlist that has lots of popular songs on it, lots of Pitbull, Black Eyed Peas, and Lady Gaga, but the problem is that I am so sick of listening to them now (I know I am in the vast minority who is sick of Gaga and thinks she is overplayed). So I guess I'm a little stuck with that right now. I am thinking about trying a running playlist with a combination of Alabama Shakes, Wilco, and maybe some Beatles. By the way if you have never heard of Alabama Shakes go to Youtube NOW and listen to them, they are AMAZING and as my brother said it is like going to church for your ears.
Firefly 5K: 42 days
Chicago Blackhawks Mad Dash To Madison 5K: 49 Days
Pounds removed: 76.4
No comments:
Post a Comment