Monday, July 16, 2012

You + Your Goal = It's coming

This week was a good week! It was a normal week (whatever normal is) that didn't see too many stressful situation. I say that because I am a stress/ emotional eater and that is something that I have to change about myself.

I did have a day that could have easily brought me down. On Sunday I went to the Taste of Chicago.  The Taste is something that I have gone to for many years and I LOVE IT!!!!!! It is lots of fun and there always is lots of food! I was a little worried about what I was going to eat there and staying within my ww daily points but I am happy to say that I survived! When my mom and I first got down to the Taste the first thing that we did was visit the huge Humana tent. In the tent they were giving away free pedometer which was nice considering I didn't even think about putting on my pedometer when I left home, now I have a way of seeing just how far I was able to walk and I would be able to calculate my activity points! Also at the Humana tent they had special card that said what the healthy options were for people to eat and lets just say that sheet of paper did not get put away! Although that Taste is about food and showcasing the great restaurants in Chicago, there is also non-eating activities available for people to participate in. My mom and I went and watched a cooking demo from Sarah Grueneberg the executive chef of Spiaggia and she also happened to be the runner up on one of my favorite shows ever Top Chef so that was a plus! All in All I managed to stay on plan and walked over 2,000 steps just at the Taste alone!



Today I also registered for a 5K in September. So I have that to start getting ready for and I am excited for it.

This week I removed 3.4 pounds!

No comments:

Post a Comment